1. Client authorizes Charlotte Metro Pet Group and its representatives to provide care and services in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Service Contract. All scheduled visits will be governed by all the terms of this contract. We appreciate as much advanced notice as possible, but we will make every effort to accommodate all requests.
2. All new Clients must be scheduled for a meet-and-greet initial consultation. This meeting must be scheduled at least 5 days prior to the service start date. Meet-and-greet sessions will not be scheduled during the week of any public holiday.
3. First Meet-and-Greet is complimentary. If another meeting is required for any reason, there will be a charge based upon the length of time and number of sitters requested.
4. Any changes or cancellations to any non-holiday scheduled pet sitting services must be requested 48 hours prior to scheduled service. Once confirmed, we block that time for your pets. If changed or cancelled less than 48 hours prior to the first visit, one full day's visits will be charged.
5. Any changes or cancellations to any holiday or overnight scheduled pet sitting services must be requested 7 days prior to scheduled service. Once confirmed, we block that time for your pets. If changed or cancelled less than 7 days prior to the first visit, all visits included in that booking will be charged.
6. There are no cancellation charges for daily dog walk clients if services are cancelled before the sitter is in route.
7. All pet sitting fees will be charged to the credit card on file on the day before the first scheduled pet sitting visit. Payment for weekly dog walking services will charged to the credit card on file at the end of each week. Charlotte Metro Pet Group accepts credit card and debit card payments only. All clients must keep a valid credit card on file.
8. If Client plans to extend their trip they must notify Charlotte Metro Pet Group immediately. We will make every attempt to cover those additional visits. Credit card on file will be immediately charged for the additional visits.
9. If Client plans to shorten trip, they must give Charlotte Metro Pet Group a minimum of 48 hours notice to receive a credit on their account. No refunds will be issued.
10. If additional costs for items such as food, litter, cleaning supplies, etc. are incurred for the proper care of the pets, Credit card on file will be charged for the additional costs. An invoice with receipts for the additional costs will be included at the completion of the services, along with a trip charge.
11. Client represents that all pets have current rabies vaccinated in accordance with all local and state regulations.
12. Charlotte Metro Pet Group requires two keys at the start of service or two different methods of entry. Client authorizes Charlotte Metro Pet Group to make a duplicate key if only a single key is provided. Client keys will be retained at the end of service. If client requests keys to be returned, there is a $15.00 key return fee. We encourage clients to purchase a lock box to store key at their home and to test any key copies.
13. If Client requests a sitter to return keys, or if new keys need to be supplied to Charlotte Metro Pet Group, Client will incur a $15.00 pickup fee, no exceptions.
14. If Client has no service activity for a period of 12 consecutive months, the Client’s file will become inactive and Charlotte Metro Pet Group will properly store Client’s keys.
15. Client must notify Charlotte Metro Pet Group if anyone else has keys or access to Client’s property during the time the pet sitter is caring for the Client’s homes and pets. Charlotte Metro Pet Group cannot be held liable for damage done to the home or pets by others with such access. In addition, Charlotte Metro Pet Group shall not be held liable for damage done by pets to either the interior or exterior of the home when the pet sitter is not there.
16. If the pets are not confined to the interior of the home during the pet sitting assignment and are allowed to roam free with a pet door, Charlotte Metro Pet Group cannot be held liable for any injury to the pet. Also, we are not liable if a pet does damage or defecates causing damage to the home while we are not present.
17. No dogs will be allowed off leash under any circumstances while outside in unfenced areas or off the Client’s property. If the Client has an invisible fence, the dogs must be leashed. Pets must be in our care, custody and control while pet sitting and dog walking.
18. Charlotte Metro Pet Group will not walk untrained or unmanageable dogs.
19. Charlotte Met Pet Group will not walk dogs in severe weather.
20. Charlotte Metro Pet Group reserves the right to terminate this contract if at any time before, or during its term, the pet sitter in their sole discretion determines that the Client’s pets pose a danger to the health and/or safety of pet sitter.
21. Client grants Charlotte Metro Pet Group the right to take photographs of the pets and to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically without compensation to the Client.
22. If the administration of medications or supplements is required, Client agrees to provide detailed instructions and complete permission and authorization to administer according to those instructions.
23. In the event of an emergency, Charlotte Metro Pet Group is hereby authorized to take all measures deemed necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion in caring for Pets and Client’s property.
24. If the scheduled pet sitter has a personal emergency or illness, Client authorizes Charlotte Metro Pet Group to arrange for another staff member to provide services. Every attempt will be made to notify client of the situation.
25. We offer watering of indoor and outdoor plants as a courtesy to the Client. Client will not hold Charlotte Metro Pet Group liable for any damages due to watering plants or to loss of the plants.
26. Charlotte Metro Pet Group will send an email confirmation prior to scheduled services and an additional invoice email. In the event Client is expecting service but has not received a confirmation email, please call to be sure the pet sitting services have been scheduled.